16 October 2005

Marina Del Rey

33'58.9N-118'26.8W
Google Maps
Greetings from Marina Del Rey,

We got an early start today at 7am from Oxnard and left before we even had breakfast! As usual there was low winds and we motor sailed to Marina del Rey. I think that when we have a time line its better to run the engine and have the sails up making sure that we make it in to port at a good time! Did get to see lots of porpoises today and they were all jumping out of the water around Sandpiper.

Tom went to pump out the holding tank when we were off shore and ended up closing the wrong valve making the hose come off and emptying the tank inside the head, nice mess!!

We came in the harbor and called all the yacht clubs here, and the California YC said that they would give us a slip. We pulled into the slip which oh by the way was for an 85ft mega yacht. The slip is so big we had to have extra lines hold us in as the cleats to tie the boat off were too far apart and our regular power cord doesn't even fit because we are not big enough. We could almost get stuck sideways in here. This is by far the nicest yacht club we have been to and we are tied up between 2 huge mega yachts that are at least 85ft long. Sandpiper looks a little funny here, especially with all the junk all over the boat and towels hanging out to dry. They also have a pool that we are planning to crash later!

My dad use to live here back in 92 and so did Shannon and I for the summer. So when we pulled in I knew where to take Tom "Killer Shrimp". It's one of Bob's favorite and mine too. After dinner we headed toward Venice Beach, walked the boardwalk all the way to Santa Monica. I was extremely hesitant to ride the ferris wheel but Tom talked me down from that ledge and I rode. I hate heights. Rode the roller coaster and the bumper cars, kicked Tom's ass at air hockey in a cab and back to the yacht club for some cocktails, then to the boat.

Tomorrow our plan is pool, brunch and then off the see friends and family in Long Beach. Wish I could stay here in LaLa land forever.

Amy

Photo Gallery
Photo Gallery

2 comments:

Kelvin said...

Kia Ora (Hello) from a blogger down-under in New Zealand. You have a really interesting blog - I liked the photos. Can I list your blog on one of my blogs ??? I'll be back..... to visit some more

bathmate said...

I liked it.
Bathmate