29 June 2007

Noon Update : 29-June-2007


  • 35nm from Thursday Island
  • 654nm to Darwin
  • Winds SE 5-10 knots
  • seas confused

We left the anchorage at Horn/Thursday Island at 7am with 10 other boats as this is the first day it has not been blowing 30 knots and the weather forecast looks good for the next 4 days. We were able to sail till noon and then the wind dropped out and left us wallowing around in the confused seas leftover from all the high winds all week. Figures that if its not blowing 30 knots, its not blowing anything. We have been motor sailing since noon and we are hoping for a little stronger wind so we can sail, but the forecast looks pretty weak for the next few days.
Tom and Amy

No comments: