03 March 2005

2 Months to go!!!

Ahoy,
It is Mid-July and I am retired from the Coast Guard after 20 years!! Amy and I are in the process of selling our Condo and should have it sold very soon. The mast is off Sandpiper and I have replaced alot of the old gear and have all new rigging, spreaders and lights, check out the "photo album" link to check out the work that is getting done.
We are trying to get at much work done to Sandpiper as possible before we have to move on board(sell condo, sell 2 cars, sell all our stuff). The plan is to move onboard late this summer and spend one month back at my old marina under the GG Bridge. Amy is going to be working, and I am going to be working on getting my 100 ton captains license. We are leaving San Francisco in early September and slowly sailing down the California coast arriving in San Diego in late October. We are sailing out of San Diego on 30 Oct with about 150 other boats in the "Ba-ha-ha" (see the link to the right}, and should arrive in Cabo San Lucas about 10 days later after 2 stops along the way. That is the ending point for the Ba-ha-ha, and we plan on sailing up the sea of Cortez, then sailing South to Puerto Vallarta where we are planning being moored from 15 Dec-15Jan. If anybody wants to "party" for New Years fly on down, check out Paradise Village at the link to the right. It has lots of pool bars and you can even charge drinks to your boat slip!!

There is a lot to do and lot of prep work that remains, I will be posting pics of work as I get it completed. Check out the "photo album" link.

Cheers.

No comments: